Unstable security | IED explodes in car of “Stet Security” service in northern Daraa, leaving casualties
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory activists have reported hearing an explosion in Jasim city in the north of Daraa, caused by the detonation of an IED in a car carrying members of the regime’s “Stet Security” service. The explosion killed one member and injured others. This explosion comes as a part of the escalating assassinations in south Syria region, mostly target regime solders and “collaborators” as well as individuals with settled-status.
SOHR activists have just documented the death of a child affected by the injury he has in an IED explosion this morning in Inkhil city in the north-western countryside of Daraa. Observatory activists documented earlier today the injury of two children due to an IED explosion on the road between Jasim and Inkhil towns in the western countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 999 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 676 persons, categorised as follows:
- 186 civilians, including 12 women and 19 children
- 313 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 125 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 24 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.