Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that an officer of the regime’s military intelligence branch was shot dead by unknown gunmen on the road between Sajnah and Al-Dahiyah areas in Daraa city.
On the other hand, two regime soldiers were shot dead by unknown gunmen this afternoon on the road to al-Shuhadaa cemetery in Nawa city in the western countryside of Daraa.
Meanwhile, regime forces have been seen in high alert, along with bringing in military reinforcement to the area, including pickup vehicles with submachine guns installed over them.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,018 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 695 persons, categorised as follows:
- 190 civilians, including 12 women and 21 children
- 324 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 129 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.