Security chaos | Unidentified gunmen target military vehicle of regime military intelligence in Daraa countryside, leaving casualties
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that a member of the Military Security Forces was killed and three others were injured, today, after unidentified gunmen targeted, with machineguns, a military vehicle carrying four members of regime forces near the town of Saida in the eastern countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,019 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 699 persons, categorised as follows:
- 193 civilians, including 12 women and 21 children
- 325 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 129 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.