Daraa instability | Two regime soldiers assassinated in eastern countryside
Daraa Province: Syrian Observatory activists have documented the death of two regime soldiers, as unknown gunmen opened fire on them in Um Walad town in the eastern countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,024 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 706 persons, categorised as follows:
- 194 civilians, including 12 women and 21 children
- 331 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 129 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.