Lack of security | Unidentified gunmen attack regime military checkpoint in Daraa countryside
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported clashes with machineguns and RPG shells, between unidentified gunmen and members of a joint military checkpoint of regime forces and military intelligence service, on the road between the towns of Sayda and al-Gharya al-Gharbiya in the eastern countryside of Daraa governorate. No casualties have been reported
Earlier today, Syrian Observatory activists documented the death of two regime soldiers, as unknown gunmen opened fire on them in Um Walad town in the eastern countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,025 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 706 persons, categorised as follows:
- 194 civilians, including 12 women and 21 children
- 331 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 129 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.