Daraa security vacuum | Person survives assassination attempt in Daraa al-Balad, while explosion hits northern countryside
Daraa Province: SOHR activists in Daraa city have reported that unknown gunmen opened fire on a man in Daraa al-Balad in the early hours of Friday morning, but no casualties have been reported.
On the other hand, a group of the State Security Branch detonated an IED detected in al-Hara area in the northern countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,031 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 711 persons, categorised as follows:
- 195 civilians, including 12 women and 21 children
- 334 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 130 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.