Security chaos in south Syria | Gunmen kill young man in eastern countryside of Daraa
Daraa province: Syrian Observatory for Human Rights activists in the south of Syria region have reported that a young man was killed by an armed group, after he refused to stop for them on the road between the villages of Ghasm and al-Mitaiya, in the eastern countryside of Daraa. This incident comes in light of the deteriorating security in south Syria region.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Dar’a in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,031 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 712 persons, categorised as follows:
- 196 civilians, including 12 women and 21 children
- 334 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 130 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.