Assassination | Unknown gunmen shoot dead two regime soldiers in Daraa
Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of two regime soldiers after being shot by unknown gunmen in Nawa city in the western countryside of Daraa.
A few hours ago, a civilian was shot by unidentified gunmen in the city of al-Hirak in the countryside of Daraa, which caused serious injuries that led to his death after he arrived at a hospital in the city.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,039 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 721 persons, categorised as follows:
- 199 civilians, including 12 women and 21 children
- 339 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 131 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.