Armed attack | Five regime soldiers killed and wounded in western Daraa
Daraa province: The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights activists in the western countryside of Daraa have reported that unknown gunmen opened machinegun fire on a vehicle of the 112th Brigade of regime forces in the town of Ain Zikr, killing three members and wounding at least two others. As a result, regime forces were seen being put on high alert and brought in reinforcement to the area along with imposing a curfew in the town.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,041 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 724 persons, categorised as follows:
- 199 civilians, including 12 women and 21 children
- 342 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 131 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.