Armed attack | Unknown gunmen open fire on vehicle carrying regime security members in Da’el, injuring one
Daraa province: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen opened fire on a vehicle carrying members of Da’el police station on the outskirts of Da’el city in the middle countryside of Daraa. The attack left one member injured and caused material damage, while the attackers managed to escape.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,042 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 724 persons, categorised as follows:
- 199 civilians, including 12 women and 21 children
- 342 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 131 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.