Deteriorating security | Unknown gunmen shoot dead civilian and his wife, while IED explosion causes material damage in Daraa city
Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of a civilian and his wife after being shot by unknown gunmen on the road between Jamleh and Abdeen in western Daraa
Separately, engineering teams exploded an IED planted earlier in a car in al-Matar neighbourhood in Daraa city, which caused material damage only.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,043 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 726 persons, categorised as follows:
- 201 civilians, including 13 women and 21 children
- 342 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 131 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.