Ongoing security chaos in south Syria | Unidentified assailants assassinate civilian in Nawa
Daraa province: Unidentified gunmen shot dead a young man from the city of Nawa in the western countryside of Daraa.
This incident coincides with the ongoing security chaos in Daraa governorate.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Dar’a in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,044 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 727 persons, categorised as follows:
- 202 civilians, including 13 women and 21 children
- 342 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 131 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.