Autonomous Administration-held areas | Authorities raise price of fuel, and residents call for demonstration
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights activists have reported a state of dissatisfaction among civilians on social media in the Autonomous Administration-controlled areas over the decision of raising the price of fuel, amid calls for demonstrations against the Autonomous Administration in light of the current economic hardship.
The Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria has issued a decision, setting new fuel prices in areas under its control, where statement No. 119 states “the co-chairmanship of the Executive Council of North and East Syria decides to set fuel prices in the regions controlled by the Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria as follows:
- Diesel allocated for mills and bakeries: 100 SYL per litre.
- Diesel used for heating and agriculture: 250 SYL per litre.
- Diesel for the Office of Industry and Services: 300 SYL per litre.
- High quality diesel: 400 SYL per litre.
- Diesel allocated for organizations: 500 SYL per litre.
- Liquid kerosene: 300 SYL per litre.
- High quality petrol: 410 SYL per litre.
- imported high quality petrol: 0.65 USD per litre.
- Gas cylinder: 8,000 SYL.
- Commercial gas cylinder designated for industrial and commercial facilities: 15,000 SYL.
Relevant bodies to be notified of the decision. This decision is based on the proposals by the Public Fuels Department in Book No. 104 dated 5/4/2021, and in accordance with the requirements of the public interest.”