Security chaos in Daraa | IED explosion hits eastern countryside
Daraa province: SOHR sources have reported an IED explosion on the road between Bosra al-Sham and al-Sahwa in the eastern countryside of Daraa, which caused material damage only.
Yesterday, SOHR sources reported a new assassination in south Syria region, as unknown gunmen opened fire on a member of the regime-backed 4th Division in al-Yadoudah town in the western countryside of Daraa.
Separately, an IED exploded in Shamal al-Khatt neighbourhood in Daraa city, which caused material damage only.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,088 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 745 persons, categorised as follows:
- 208 civilians, including 13 women and 22 children
- 347 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 133 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 26 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 31 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.