Assassination | Unknown gunmen shot ex-fighter dead in western Daraa
Daraa province: Syrian Observatory activists have documented the death of a former fighter of opposition factions, who had struck a reconciliation deal and joined the regime-backed 4th Division, as unknown gunmen opened fire on him in al-Muzayreb town in the western countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,092 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 747 persons, categorised as follows:
- 209 civilians, including 13 women and 22 children
- 347 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 134 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 26 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 31 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.