Security chaos | Unknown gunmen assassinate two civilians in western countryside of Daraa
Daraa province: Syrian Observatory activists have reported that unknown gunmen shot dead two civilians working in car trade business, while they were near al-Jabaliya village in the western countryside of Daraa city.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,097 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 752 persons, categorised as follows:
- 211 civilians, including 13 women and 22 children
- 350 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 134 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 26 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 31 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.