Security chaos | Unknown gunmen open fire on two civilians in western countryside of Daraa
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that two unknown gunmen opened fire on two civilians in Tafas city, injuring one lightly, while the second man survived.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists documented more than 1,106 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 757 persons, categorised as follows:
- 217 civilians, including 13 women and 22 children
- 350 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 134 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 26 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 31 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.