Daraa security vacuum | Unknown gunmen attack military post of 4th Division in western countryside
Daraa province: SOHR activists in Daraa province have reported that unknown gunmen fired an RPG shell on a military post hosting former opposition fighters who joined the 4th Division after striking reconciliation deals. The attack took place in al-Kunsarwah area in the surrounding areas of al-Muzayreb in the western countryside of Daraa. However, no casualties have been reported.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,109 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 759 persons, categorised as follows:
- 217 civilians, including 13 women and 22 children
- 350 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 135 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 26 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 31 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.