Security vacuum in Darra | Unknown gunmen attack house of al-Karak al-Sharqi mayor, while others open fire on civilian in Daraa al-Balad
Daraa province: SOHR sources have reported that unknown assailants have thrown a grenade on the house of al-Karak al-Sharqi mayor in the eastern countryside of Daraa, but no casualties have been reported.
Also, a man sustained various injuries and was taken to hospital after unknown gunmen opened fire on him in Daraa al-Balad in Daraa city.
This development comes as a part of the escalating security chaos throughout Daraa province.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,111 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 759 persons, categorised as follows:
- 217 civilians, including 13 women and 22 children
- 350 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 135 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 26 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 31 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.