المرصد السوري لحقوق الانسان
The Syrian Observatory For Human Rights

Under Russian sponsorship | Regime security services announce about new reconciliations in eastern Ghouta, amid promises of releasing new detainees

Rif Dimashq province: Reliable sources in eastern Ghouta have informed the Syrian Observatory that the Russians and regime security services have opened new centres with the aim of striking new reconciliation deals with the residents in all cities and towns of eastern Ghouta as well as the individuals wanted in lawsuits on condition of being not involved in killing any regime soldiers while fighting alongside opposition factions, during the battles occurred when eastern Ghouta was under the factions’ control.

 

The new reconciliation deals are supposed to cover the young people who passed their date of joining the mandatory service in regime army. According to SOHR sources, top officials of al-Baath Party in eastern Ghouta have called upon the residents whose relatives are detained in regime prisons to register the names of detainees in the party’s headquarters and to mention the date and circumstances of the arrest and all information about these detainees. The officials also told the residents that new batches of detainees in region prisons would be released if they were found not involved in murders, under a “condescendence” by the president Bashar al-Assad, as the officials described.

 

On June 12, SOHR activists in eastern Ghouta confirmed that a new batch of detainees of nearly 28 people from Arbin city was released from regime prisons, as the recently-released detainees arrived in the city’s main square in presence of locals, regime officers and officials of al-Baath Party in eastern Ghouta. According to SOHR sources, a regime officer told the locals that all the released detainees were not involved in murders and that more detainees from eastern Ghouta would be released soon under an amnesty issued by the Syrian regime’s president Bashar al-Assad.

 

On the other hand, Arbin city experienced large crowds of men and women from different areas of eastern Ghouta this morning, who came to check if the released batch included their sons who had been arrested by regime forces years ago and their fate remained unknown, amid growing popular anger over the low number of the released detainees.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept