Daraa | Gunmen attacks SDF-held “15th Division” checkpoint in eastern Daraa countryside
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that unknown gunmen have attacked on Sunday a regime forces-held military checkpoint, between the two cities of Sida and al-Taybah in eastern Daraa countryside, with grenade and Kalashnikov without information about losses.
Earlier in the day, SOHR activists, in Daraa province, reported that unidentified gunmen have fire RBG a military checkpoint under control of the regime forces in al-Sahwah town in eastern Daraa countryside in the early hours of Monday. But no casualties have been reported yet.
Yesterday, SOHR documented the death of a member of the Russian-backed 5th Corps and injury of another today due to gunfire by unknown armed men in Ankhel city centre in northern Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,132 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 772 persons, categorised as follows:
• 222 civilians, including 13 women and 22 children
• 355 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
• 136 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
• 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
• 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.