Daraa security chaos | Four members of pro-Russia 8th Brigade killed and injured in clashes with suspects
Daraa province: Syrian Observatory for Human Rights activists have documented the death of a group leader and a member of Russian-backed 8th Brigade of the 5th Crops and injury of two others in an attempt by the Russian-backed militiamen to arrest some suspects. Meanwhile, the clashes lasted till this evening.
On the other hand, a column belongs to the 8th Brigade have advanced from Bosra al-Sham city towards al-Mata’eya village, east Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,136 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 774 persons, categorised as follows:
- 222 civilians, including 12 women and 22 children
- 335 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 138 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 27Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.