Assassination | NDF group leader and former chief of local council shot dead in rural Daraa
Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of a group leader in the National Defence Forces (NDF) who worked for the Air-Force Intelligence service, after being shot by unknown gunmen in Abtaa town. It is worth noting that the assassinated man was a former chief of the local council in Abtaa town.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,139 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 780 persons, categorised as follows:
- 222 civilians, including 13 women and 22 children
- 361 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 138 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.