Assassination |Unknown gunmen assassinated civilian accused of working for Syrian regime in Daraa countryside
Daraa province: Unknown gunmen have shot dead a civilian, who is accused of working for the military security service interest near a high school in Jasem city in north Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,144 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 786 persons, categorised as follows:
• 226 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
• 363 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
• 138 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
• 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
• 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.