Five-phase agreement | Regime forces and negotiation committees evade military operation in Daraa al-Balad
SOHR activists have reported that negotiation committees reached a final agreement with regime security committee yesterday evading military operation in Daraa al-Balad. Meanwhile, negotiation committees and regime forces agreed today on a mechanism of implementing the agreement on stages start tonight, stipulating for the following terms:
· First day: handing over light weapons in possession of the town’s locals in return for stopping provocation practices by the regime.
· Second day: concealing private weapons and all kind of arm presence.
· Third day: entry of the reconciliation committee escorted by Daraa committee to Daraa al-Balad through al- Saraya checkpoint in order to settle the security situation of 135 persons.
· Fourth day: entry of security services to choose locations of the three checkpoints agreed upon previously.
· Fifth day: withdrawal of regime forces to their barracks and reopening all roads to Dara al-Balad.
SOHR activists had reported that negotiation committees reached an agreement with regime security committee evading military operation in Daraa al-Balad. The agreement stipulated for the following:
· Settlement of the security situation of 50 persons and handing over their weapons
· Setting up new checkpoints of regime troops at the slaughterhouse and post office.
According to SOHR sources, the agreement was presented and approved by both the Daraa committee and Syrian regime, while discussions regarding the mechanism of implementing the agreement continued.
A few days ago, SOHR activists reported that clans in Daraa al-Balad rejected the demands of the Military Security branch’s head in a meeting with the Central Committee in Hawaran, in which they considered these demands aimed to disturb the area’s stability. It is worth noting that the meeting coincided with the ongoing siege on Daraa al-Balad for the 23rd consecutive days.
According to reliable sources, the head of the Military Security branch in Daraa sent several demands to the Central Committee and clans in Hawaran, threatening of launching security operations in case those demands were rejected.
The demands included the handing over of suspects in Daraa al-Balad or displacing them to north Syrian, as well as forming four permanent military posts in Daraa al-Balad and its surrounding areas as follow:
· First post: in the post office building.
· Second one: near Daraa old customhouse.
· Third post: on the road between Daraa al-Balad and al-Shayah.
· Fourth post: on the road between Tariq al-Sadd neighborhood and Gharz area.