Daraa security instability | Unknown gunmen assassinate a man with settled-status working for security services in western countryside
Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of a former opposition fighter, who had struck a reconciliation deal with regime forces and joined security services in Daraa province as an informant, after being shot by unknown gunmen in Nawa city in western countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,159 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 804 persons, categorised as follows:
- 234 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
- 366 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 143 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.