Death toll update | Nearly 35 people killed during recent dramatic developments throughout Daraa
Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of more civilians, soldiers and fighters who were killed during the recent dramatic developments throughout Daraa since Thursday, July 29, which brings the total death to 32 people. The breakdown of fatalities was as follows:
-12 civilians were killed in attacks by regime forces with machineguns, shells and rockets, and they were as follows:
- Three civilians, including a child, in Daraa al-Balad
- A man in Jasim
- A child on the road between Namer and Kherbet Ghazala
- A woman and her little son, three other children and two men in al-Yadouda.
-11 local fighters were killed in shelling and clashes with regime forces, and they were as follows:
- Five fighters in Daraa al-Balad
- A fighter in Jasim
- A fighter in al-Muzayrib
- Four fighters in the surrounding areas of Tafas, including a commander whom regime forces asked to leave to north Syria
-Nine regime soldiers and militiamen of the 4th Division were killed in clashes with the local fighters in Daraa city and west and east Daraa countryside.
The death toll is expected to rise further as the bombardment and clashes left several persons injured, some seriously. There are unconfirmed reports of more casualties.