Daraa escalation | Seven members of regime forces killed and wounded in targeting military vehicle in eastern Daraa countryside
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported the death of a member of the regime forces and wounding of other six including an officer when their military vehicle had been targeted in the early hours of Thursday at the road between Nahtah and Basr al-Harir neighborhood in eastern Daraa countryside, while cautious calm prevails across the province.
In the early hours, SOHR sources reported that gunmen shot military vehicle of the regime forces at the road between Nahtah and Basr al-Harir neighborhood in eastern Daraa countryside amid confirmed information about casualties including a regime officer.
Meanwhile, the regime forces reacted with rocket fire around Nahtah neighborhood, but no casualties were reported. On the other hand, cautious calm prevailed Daraa while no final deal was reached till the moment between the negotiations committee and representatives of the regime under Russian mediation, and the negotiation committee refused to deport the population to north Syria, which is an important condition for the regime authorities.
Yesterday afternoon, SOHR activists reported, fall of new rocket fire by the regime forces at Tareeq al-Sad neighborhood in Daraa city, while ongoing clam in the province continued amid monitoring the results of the Russian-mediated ongoing negotiations.
On the other hand, Mohamed al-Mosalamh and Mo’ad Harfoush reported in a video explanation of their deportation of Daraa city several days ago to prevent bloodshed Both of them were among the most prominent demands of the regime to stop escalation in the province.
In the video tape, that SOHR received copy of, Mohamed said, “I’m Mohamed al-Mosalamh, known by al-Hafaw, from Tareeq al-Sad neighborhood in Daraa city, explains the developments that took place in Daraa al-Balad in July, 2021.”
“We have been surprised by the end of July with large deployment of the Syrian regime forces, topped by the 4th Division, at the frontline of al-Shiyah, Nakhlah and Daraa camp. I with a group of young men from the city, have took into the streets to defy the assault of those forces and to prevent them from deporting the populations who took place in the clashes,” he said in the video.
“We rejected the regime demands. The regime started striking the area and proceeded to advance, but we challenged them,” he said adding “the regime forces have come out with a proposal to deport me and Harfoush for withdrawal of the Syrian army, its retreat and stop the displacement of the people and the bloodshed of our people in Daraa al-Balad.”
“Accordingly, we accepted the conditions and left the area to preserve safety of the people and prevent war. But after our deportation, we were surprised that the security campaign has continued,” al-Hafaw added.
He reiterated that “we are still out of Daraa to stop harming our people, despite the regime only understand the language of force.”
On July 2, Russian-backed the 8th Division entered al-Shiyah neighborhood in Daraa city to evacuate families besieged since the beginning of the clashes several days ago, as more than 70 familied have been deported.
On the other hand, OHR activists reported that the Russian-backed 8th Liwaa forces entered al-Shiyah area in Daraa city to deport families who had been strained there since the outbreak of the clashes several days ago where more than70 families were evacuated so far. On the other hand, a prominent military figure of the Syrian regime, believed to be the defense minister, arrived in al-Mataar neighborhood in Daraa province, to meet with the central committee.
The new developments came amid cautious clam across Daraa. It is worth noting that the regime forces and the 4th Division and its security service attacked Daraa in the past few days on pretext of deporting two persons who are Mohamed al-Mosalmah who is known as Hafaw and Moa’id Harfoush who is known as Abu Ta’gha.