IED explosion | Regime forces officer and five members killed in explosion in western Daraa countryside
Daraa province: A brigadier and five members killed and other two wounded, all belonging to the regime forces-controlled Liwaa 112, in the morning in IED that has targeted military vehicle at al-Shabrouq road between the two towns of Nafaa and Ain Zakr in west of Daraa countryside.
On the other hand, unknown gunmen in the early hours of Thursday, have opened fire on a military checkpoint of the regime forces in south of Da’al city in Central Daraa countryside, but no casualties have been reported yet.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,165 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 813 persons, categorised as follows:
• 238 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
• 373 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
• 143 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
• 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
• 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.