Bombardment on “de-escalation zone” | 15 children and one woman among 18 civilians killed in 11 days, amid military escalation by Russian and regime forces
SOHR activists have documented the death of a little girl affected by the injury she had in yesterday’s bombardment by regime forces on Kafr Nuran town. The girl’s little brothers had been also injured in that bombardment, as the two kids were visiting their father’s grave.
On the other hand, SOHR sources say that a Russian fighter jet executed three airstrikes this morning, targeting Hemaymat village in Sahl al-Ghab in the north-western countryside of Hama. The Russian airstrikes coincided with bombardment by regime forces stationed in Jurin on large spaces in Sahl al-Ghab, the west of Jabal al-Zawiyah and Kabana frontlines in Jabal al-Akrad in the north-eastern countryside of Latakia.
Accordingly, the number of people killed due to regime bombardment on the “de-escalation zone” in the past 11 days has risen to 18, including 15 children and one woman. The breakdown of fatalities was as follows:
- On August 7, four children of the same family were killed in regime artillery fire on their house in Qastun town in the north-western countryside of Hama.
- On August 10, two sibling children were killed in regime bombardment on civilians’ houses in Tadil village in the western countryside of Aleppo.
- On the same day, August 10, a civilian from Marzaf village in Idlib countryside were killed in regime bombardment on civilians’ houses in the village.
- On August 11, a civilian was killed in regime bombardment on Berzeh village in Latakia countryside, while he was collecting logs of wood.
- On August 19, SOHR reported a massacre committed by regime forces in Jabal al-Zawiyah in southern Idlib, when they shelled civilians’ houses in Balshoun village with the Russian-made Krasinball advanced laser and heavy artillery shells, which killed five people, a woman, her three children and another child.
- On August 20, four children of the same family were killed in bombardment, with Krasinball shells, on civilians’ houses in Kansafra town in Idlib countryside.
- On August 21, a little girl died affected by the injury she had in bombardment by regime forces, on the previous day, on Kafr Nuran town in the western countryside of Aleppo.