Renewed airstrike | Russian jets attack positions in the “de-escalation zone”, bringing the number of airstrikes since early August to 41
SOHR sources have reported that the Russian fighter jets have executed 41 airstrikes on positions and military posts in the “de-escalation zone” since early August. These airstrikes could be distributed as follows:
- On August 5, six airstrikes hit the surrounding areas of al-Bara town in Jabal al-Zawiyah, the hills of Kabana in Latakia countryside and Duwayr al-Akrad in Hama countryside near the administrative border with Latakia countryside.
- On August 9 and August 10, Russian fighter jets executed 12 airstrikes on Hursh Sheik Bahr in the west of Maarrat Masrin city in the northern countryside of Idlib.
- On August 19, the Russian jets targeted, with two airstrikes, military posts in the poultry farms of Ain Shayb village to the west of Idlib city.
- On August 20, Russian jets executed 18 airstrikes on several areas throughout Idlib, as 12 airstrikes hit the poultry farms of Ain Shayb village, while the other six airstrikes hit a position believed to be a workshop belonging to the Turkistani Islamic Party for manufacturing ammunition on a mountain in the south of Qurqanya town in the northern countryside of Idlib.
- On August 21, three airstrikes were executed on Hemaymat village in Sahl al-Ghab in the north-western countryside of Hama.
According to SOHR sources, the Russian airstrikes in August have left no civilian casualties so far.