In less than 48 hours | Two bodies found after killed in in mysterious circumstances in western countryside of Idlib
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported a body of unidentified young man in his thirties was found dumped in Kharab al-Shahm town western of Daraa, with marks of torture and several bullets.
On Aug 19, SOHR sources said that a young man from Beit Araa in Yarmouk Basin in the western countryside of Daraa was found dead with gunshot wounds near a military checkpoint of the 5th Division. It is worth noting that the victim was on his way back from farmlands in the region when he was killed.
This incident comes as security chaos is escalating throughout south Syria region.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,167 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 815 persons, categorised as follows:
• 240 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
• 373 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
• 143 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
• 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
• 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.