Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that unknown gunmen on a motorcycle have shot a civilian from Tasil town in the western countryside of Daraa dead, while he was working in the town’s orchards. It is worth noting that the young man had struck a reconciliation deal and carried a settlement card.
This attack comes as a part of the escalating security chaos throughout Daraa province.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,168 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 816 persons, categorised as follows:
- 241 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
- 373 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 143 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.