Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of a young man from Jasim city in the northern countryside of Daraa, as unknown gunmen opened fire on him in front of his house in the city.
It is worth noting that the victim was accused of “drug dealing”, and he had survived an assassination attempt on July 25. Moreover, the young man had been a fighter of local faction, before he settled his security situation with regime forces in 2018.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,169 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 817 persons, categorised as follows:
- 242 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
- 373 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 143 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.