Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of a judge who also working as a real estate broker, succumbing to his wounds sustained in gunfire by unknown gunmen in the south-west of Nawa city in Daraa countryside.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,170 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 818 persons, categorised as follows:
- 243 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
- 373 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 143 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.