IED attack | Five regime soldiers killed and wounded in ambush in Daraa countryside
Daraa province: SOHR sources have reported an ambush by unknown gunmen in the road between Nawa and Sheikh Maskeen in Daraa countryside, which targeted a military vehicle of regime forces carrying food, as an IED exploded in the vehicle before the gunmen opened machinegun fire on its occupants. The attack left one soldier dead and four others injured, some seriously.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,171 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 819 persons, categorised as follows:
- 243 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
- 374 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 143 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.