Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of two members of the regime intelligence service, after being attacked in Da’el city in Middle Daraa countryside. After the attack, the security services stormed several houses in the northern neighbourhood of Da’el city.
SOHR sources documented earlier today the assassination of a regime officer and another person “collaborating” with regime security services who was escorting him, after being attacked on the outskirts of al-Hajjah village near the border with occupied Syrian Golan in the southern countryside of al-Quneitra.
Separately, SOHR activists reported seeing Russian aircraft flying over Yarmouk Basin near the Syria-Jordan border.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,176 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 834 persons, categorised as follows:
- 243 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
- 379 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 150 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 33 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.