IED attack | 10 regime soldiers killed and injured in vehicle explosion, while collaborator with military security services assassinated in Daraa countryside
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that seven regime soldiers were killed and three others were injured after targeting their military vehicle with an IED on al-Shapraq road in Daraa countryside.
On the other hand, a young collaborator with the military security services died affected with the wounds he sustained after he was targeted with gun shots by unknown assailants in the center of Nowi city in Daraa western countryside.
SOHR sources reported that gunmen attacked a regime military vehicle on the outskirts of Naf’aa town in the western countryside of Daraa, but no further details were reported yet about the number of casualties and material damage caused.
Shortly after the attack, regime forces were deployed in the residential neighborhoods of Naf’aa town and started heavy and indiscriminate gunfire. In addition, regime forces fired several rockets on the outskirts of Sahem al-Golan area in the same countryside.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,178 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 839 persons, categorized as follows:
• 244 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
• 387 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
• 148 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
• 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
• 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia