Shooting in Daraa | Civilian killed by unknown gunmen in west Daraa
Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented death of a man after sustained severe wounds several days ago in a shooting by unknown gunmen in front of his house in Tafs city located in the west part of Daraa countryside amid escalating chaos and security lax prevailing across Daraa province.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,178 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 840 persons, categorized as follows:
• 245 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
• 387 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
• 148 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
• 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
• 32 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia