For unknown reasons | Turkish Intelligence in Azaz city arrests displaced university student from Hama
Aleppo province: SOHR sources have reported that the Turkish Intelligence service arrested a university student, yesterday, from the place he lived in Azaz city in the northern countryside of Aleppo, which is under the control of Turkish forces and their proxy factions.
According to SOHR activists, the student has been displaced from north Hama countryside, and he studies in the “Free Aleppo University, Mass Communication Department, while the reasons behind arresting the student remained unknown.
On September 16, SOHR activists reported seeing tens of students staging a vigil in front of the presidency headquarters of the “Free Aleppo University”, demanding the university administration take into account the dire situation of the students and allow them a maximum of six subjects failed in order to move up to the next grade. The vigil came after a decree decreasing the failed subjects to four.
The students lifted placards with slogans written on them read “We were forced to displace from our areas due to intensive bombardment. Do not be a reason for displacing us again. Are our universities scientific-investment projects or investment-scientific ones”.
The “Free Aleppo University” had announced the result of the admissions to all faculties of the university. The university’s administration also announced the registration fees of the new year as follows:
- Faculty of Engineering: 200 USD
- Faculty of Law: 200 USD
- Faculty of Education “psychological counseling department”: 200 USD
- Faculty of Economics: 200 USD
- Faculty of Arts and Human Science “Arabic, English and Turkish departments”: 175 USD
- Faculty of Education “class teachers”: 175 USD
- Faculty of Islamic Law (Shari’a): 175 USD
- Faculty of Science “Math, Chemistry, Physics and Biology departments”: 150 USD
- Faculty of Political Science: 150 USD
- Technical institutes of Mass Communication, Business and Engineering: 150 USD
- Technical institutes of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine: 125 USD.