Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that unknown gunmen have stormed a house in al-Muzayreb in Daraa countryside, and shot a civilian from Tel Shehab town dead, before they escaped.
This murder comes as a part of the continuous security chaos in Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,180 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 842 persons, categorized as follows:
- 247 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
- 387 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 148 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 33 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.