Security chaos grows in Daraa | New murder operations amid Russian and regime business with settlements
Daraa province: SHOR activists have reported finding a body of unknown persons who was killed in ambiguous conditions and his body was dumped near Tafs countryside in west Daraa.
The body was transferred to the city hospital to be identified. Meanwhile, unidentified gunmen have assassinated a former fighter in the opposition factions in al-Sanameen city in Daraa countryside. The victim has resumed his normal life in the city after the regime forces have controlled Daraa and strike settlements.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,196 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 856 persons, categorised as follows:
• 257 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
• 389 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
• 150 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
• 24 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
• 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.