Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that unknown gunmen opened fire on two persons in Sayda town in the eastern countryside of Daraa, killing one and injuring the other. It is worth noting that the killed man had been a fighter of opposition faction, before he struck a reconciliation deal and joined to the Russian-backed 5th Corps, after regime forces’ control of the entire province.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,199 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 858 persons, categorised as follows:
- 258 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
- 389 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 150 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 33 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.