Despite new reconciliations in Daraa | Leader of local group affiliated to regime military security service shot dead in eastern countryside
Daraa province: Although settling of security status of suspects continue in the eastern countryside of Daraa, SOHR activists have documented the death of the leader of a local group working for the regime military security service, after being shot by unknown gunmen, while he was in his shop in Sayda town in east Daraa countryside. It is worth noting that the targeted person started commanding the group only a month ago.
SOHR sources reported earlier today a new assassination in Daraa province, as unknown gunmen opened fire on a civilian in an area between Jilin and Sahem al-Golan towns in Yarmouk Basin in Daraa province. This assassination coincides with the growing security chaos throughout the province.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,204 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 862 persons, categorised as follows:
- 260 civilians, including 14 women and 25 children
- 390 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 151 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 34 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.