Monthly death | 157 civilians among 350 people killed across Syria in October 2021
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented the death of 350 people in October 2021. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
Civilian death toll: 157 persons, including 30 children under the age of 18, and 12 women over the age of 18, and they were as follows:
- 20 civilians, including six children and four women, were killed in shelling and gunfire by regime forces.
- Four civilians died under torture in regime prison.
- Three civilians were killed by opposition factions.
- Four civilians were killed by Syria Democratic Forces (SDF).
- 67 civilians, including six women and seven children, were killed in “honour killings”, family and factional rivalries and indiscriminate gunfire.
- 21 civilians, including a woman and 13 children, were killed in explosions of IEDs and landmines.
- Three people were killed in Turkish bombardment.
- A child was killed by the Turkish border guard forces “Jandarma”.
- Three civilians, two women and a child, were killed by ISIS affiliates in al-Hawl camp.
- 24 civilians, including two children, were killed in separate assassinations across Syria.
- Four civilians were killed in unknown circumstances.
- A little girl was killed in bombardment by Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham on regime-controlled areas.
- Four civilians, including a woman and a child, were killed in car-bomb explosions.
- A civilian was killed in Israeli bombardment.
- A civilian was killed by International Coalition Forces.
Syrian fighters of Islamic factions, opposition factions and other movements and organizations: 21
Syria Democratic Forces (SDF): 10
Regime forces: 44
Members of the Popular Committees, and the National Defense Forces, and loyalists to regime forces of Syrian citizens: 15
Iranian-backed non-Syrian militiamen: 7
Loyalists to Iranian and regime forces of Syrian citizens mostly of the Shiite sect: 6
ISIS members: 38
Turkish soldiers: 7
SOHR activists have confirmed that five militiamen of the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian-backed militias were killed in attacks with surface-to-surface missiles fired from Israel, which targeted a weapon and ammunition shipment belonging to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian-backed militias. However, the nationalities of the fatalities remained unknown.
We, at the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, call on the international community once again to work hard to stop the bloodshed in Syria. The people of Syria have been facing tyranny and oppression in their noble endeavour and cause to obtain justice, democracy, freedom and equality.
The Syrian Observatory renew its commitment to continue monitoring and documenting all the developments on the ground in Syria including, the massacres, violations, war crimes and crimes against humanity committed against the Syrian people, as well as publishing all relevant statistics and causalities of such heinous acts, and hope to help all the ongoing efforts of bringing the perpetrators to special international courts, so that they do not escape justice for the crimes they committed against the people of Syria.