New assassination in Daraa | Death toll since enforcing Daraa recent deal rise to nearly 45, half are civilians
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported a civilian was shot dead by unknown gunmen in al-Sheikh Saad in west Daraa countryside. The murdered was fighter with the factions that controlled Daraa and he wasn’t affiliated to any other groups after striking settlement with the regime forces that recaptured the region.
Deaths rise to 43 people since the enforcement of Daraa deal including 21 soldiers of the regime forces and the Russian-mediated 5th Crops and 22 civilians: a child and some are former fighters in ranks of the factions who became civilians after striking former settlements.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,228 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 885 persons, categorised as follows:
• 269 civilians, including 14 women and 25 children
• 399 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
• 155 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
• 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
• 35 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.