Idlib province: SOHR sources have reported that a civilian was killed and his brother sustained sever injuries, after being shot by unknown gunmen while they were nearby the HTS-controlled city of Idlib. Meanwhile the attackers escaped after the attack.
Syrian Observatory activists in HTS-held areas have documented the death of 83 persons since the beginning of 2021 by bombings, shooting or kidnapping and then getting rid of much of the bodies in remote areas in Idlib and the surrounding villages or in Aleppo, Hama and Latakia.
According to the SOHR statistics, the fatalities were categorized as follows: 39 civilians, including five females and two children, 35 Syrian fighters affiliated to HTS, Islamic and rebel factions, nine of jihadist groups of non-Syrian nationals. Dozens others have been wounded in these attacks.
As more fatalities were documented, the number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama, and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, the start date of the security chaos to be escalated in these provinces, rose to 810. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
- Two fighters of the Turkistan Islamic Party
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the Salvation Government
- 259 civilians, including 26 children and 26 women
- 461 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib
- 87 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Palestinian, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying severity.