Daraa province: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen threw a grenade and opened machinegun fire on a checkpoint of regime forces nearby Daraa Al-Balad this evening.
According to sources, the regime soldiers stationed at this checkpoint clamp down on the civilians. On the other hand, a verbal altercation took place this afternoon between regime soldiers stationed at Maqbarat Al-Bahar checkpoint and young men from Daraa, before it evolved to hand-to-hand fight.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,266 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 926 persons, categorised as follows:
- Four local gunmen of anti-reconciliation groups.
- 292 civilians, including 16 women and 26 children
- 411 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 156 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 36 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.