Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that unidentified gunmen have shot a retired Jordanian officer dead near Al-Sheikh Saad town in west Daraa countryside on Monday evening.
According to SOHR sources, the Jordanian officer was killed in an area held by regime forces, while he was visiting his daughter who was married to a Syrian in Al-Shajarah town in Daraa countryside.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,269 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 926 persons, categorised as follows:
• Four local gunmen of anti-reconciliation groups.
• 292 civilians, including 16 women and 26 children
• 411 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
• 156 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
• 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
• 36 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.