Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of a woman affected by the injury she had in gunfire by unknown gunmen on a civilian car in Tafas city in Daraa countryside. The attack also resulted in the injury of the other occupants, including women, who were the victim’s relatives.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,276 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 931 persons, categorised as follows:
- Four local gunmen of anti-reconciliation groups.
- 296 civilians, including 17 women and 26 children
- 412 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 156 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 36 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.